Genetics is a branch of biology, and it has become a major that many students are interested in research. However, the actual study of Genetics is not what all people can do because of its difficulty. Many students give up learning, showing that this major is not easy.
Besides, people gradually increase completed research topics, so it sounds like the topic amount of issues is limited day by day. There is no claim on this problem, but you should not think like that.
That is why I am writing this article not to show you how hard Genetics is but to help you eliminate the challenges in finding a research topic. This article will guide you to find new ideas for your Genetics research writing. You may realize that some of the tips below are helpful and easy to apply for your finding process.
So, let’s scroll down and figure out what directions you should go and the outstanding suggestions you are recommended.
What To Research In Genetics Field?
Genetics is a branch of biology studying heredity and variation in organisms. Since prehistoric times, the practice of living organisms inheriting traits from their parents has increased the production of crops and livestock through selective breeding or artificial selection.
There is also a simple explanation of this field which helps everyone understand what to research — genetics research how the previous generation passes on their features to the next one. The researcher will find the causes, the processes, and the results of this transmission. Yet, the final purpose of genetics research is to find ways to improve the conditions/states of the target.
This purpose is meaningful, so you should notice that every research topic needs to follow. The study will be meaningless if it does not solve any problem or point out the issue that people need to pay attention to.
Tips To Find Genetics Research Topics?
If you are struggling with a Genetics research topic, you should apply these tips below. As I studied Biology and had to do my homework related to Genetics, I found many ways to create a unique topic.
Tip #1: Find Topic From What Your Lab
Genetics science is not what you only read the theories in the books. When you do not know your materials, it’s time to get in your laboratory and observe the experiments.
However, many people claim that they have tried this tip with no success. It is because they do not understand the importance of the result. In Genetics, all the factors are crucial, but the result reflexes all of your ideas.
I once tried to do my homework by going around my teacher’s laboratory. I realized she was experimenting with Jean-Baptiste Lamarck’s theory. I wanted to ask her about the experience and the result; after that, I understood that I should invest my time to research. She explained why modern genetics does not accept the theory of inheritance of acquired traits.
It shows that observation is not enough, and you will need to understand the final product in many aspects, such as the applications, the improvements, and the meanings.
Tip #2: Find Topics From Your Acquired Knowledge
You always get the best basis from your acquired knowledge, so it is ideal to find topics from this source. For example, if you study Darwin’s theories, you should follow them. Comparing the knowledge among periods is suitable to create an excellent genetics topic.
However, the minus of this tip is its limitation of your creativity. You will have to reduce the range of finding topics because it depends on how much information you acquire. To solve this issue, you should read books, check the scientific news, or observe other scientists’ experiments.
Tip #3: Using The Homework/Writing Service
It sounds unfair to use this writing service to help me with my homework. People will criticize me if they know I had to pay to have my homework done; yet, the bright side is that I could take advantage of this service’s information.
I once tried this service, and I understood how confidential they offer. Besides, all I need is this service’s ideas and data to apply them in my writing to prove my explanations.
For instance, to help me with my homework related to Genetics, this service provides unique writing with the topic “Research on Selection of Drought Resistant Cell Lines.” This topic got much attention from my professor as they allowed me to open experiments in the lab.
However, it does not mean I use all the writing they gave me. Although I might pay to have my homework done, I tried to filter the data and put on my explanations. Of course, this service cannot cover all the aspects I want, so I still need to remake it.
All I want to say is, if you have no idea about your writing topic, referring to the homework service is also a great option.
Suggestions For Your Genetics Research Topics
- Analysis and evaluation of biological activities of extracts and natural compounds from medicinal plants, mangrove plants, fungi, algae, etc.
- Analysis of the molecular mechanism of the symbiosis between nitrogen-fixing bacteria and legumes.
- Tissue and cell culture for the propagation and conservation of rare plant species that produce biologically active compounds.
- Producing recombinant proteins from transgenic plants for medical applications and use as plant protection agents.
- Research, evaluate and exploit the genetic potential of some native plants.
- Research on the application of experimental mutations and biotechnology inbreeding.
- Research and development of vaccines for fish.
- Study on the molecular basis of the mechanism of gene expression regulation in fungi
- Study on the pathogenic mechanism of Mucor fungus at the molecular level and application directions in the treatment of mucormycosis.
- Researching and improving experiments, improving practice quality in Biochemistry, Cytology, Genetics, and breeding.
- Research on 3CL protease (chymotrypsin-like protease) of SARS-CoV-2 from patients
- Study on genes encoding cathelicidin peptide in some cow breeds
- Genome analysis of HAdV virus strains to cause pink eye disease.
- Study on structure and functions of proteins involved in forming host transmembrane channels of type III secretion systems in bacteria Aeromonas hydrophila.
- Research and make preparations containing catalase and natural compound extracts for application in developing nourishing oils to treat premature graying of hair.
- Research on creating a medicinal mushroom strain Monascus that does not synthesize citrinin to produce monacolin K using the CRISPR/Cas9 technique.
- Study the molecular mechanism of salt tolerance in rice by analyzing genes encoding Na+ ion transport proteins.
- Relationship of development rate and morphology of human embryos to aneuploidy rate
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori strains isolated from Vietnamese patients on NF-kB activation and AID protein expression in AGS cells
- Research on creating recombinant human anti-CD45 monoclonal antibodies
- Study on the presence and characteristics of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in wastewater of intensive shrimp farming activities
- Analysis on resistance to WSSV (White-spot syndrome virus) in white leg shrimp (Lipopenaeus Vannamei) of Vibrio Harveyi knock-out gene expressing shell protein VP28
- Development of molecular markers for some local specialty plant varieties
- Evaluation of genetic diversity of some avocado lines and types (Pearse Americana Mill.) by molecular marker
- Studying the role of the interaction between Ebp1 protein and DDX3X protein on apoptosis resistance in colorectal cancer cells
- investigate the situation of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms in animals at some pig and chicken raising and slaughtering facilities
- Developing a screening process for mutations related to dilated cardiomyopathy by a new generation DNA sequencing technique
- Developing a screening procedure for Lynch syndrome-related mutations in colorectal cancer by a new generation of DNA sequencing
- Clone TES-30 recombinant antigen and evaluate sensitivity and specificity against TES crude antigen obtained from Toxocara Canis
- Hand-foot-and-mouth disease caused by coxsackieviruses A6, A10 and A16
- Orientia tsutsugamushi infection and their genetic diversity
- Impact of isolated strains of Helicobacter pylori on the Mismatch
- Repair system in human gastric epithelial cells
- A genome study of Helicobacter pylori isolates
- Research on genetic changes chromosomes in people with high blood levels of dioxin
- Research on keratinase production technology for application in feather processing as supplementary feed in livestock
- Research on in vitro regeneration and generation of transgenic cocoa (Theobroma cacao L.)
- Research applying advanced techniques to evaluate chromosomal and genetic changes in infants exposed to antenatal arsenic
- Research on gene transfer to improve drought tolerance in some broodstock lines is being used in the production
- Analysis on testing strips for rapid detection of Staphylococcal enterotoxin B (SEB) of Staphylococcus aureus.
- Sequence and complete construction of the first human genome as a reference sequence and initial analysis of evolutionary anthropology
- Isolation and design of drought-tolerant genes for genetically modified maize
- Assessment of current status, capacity, and technological innovation needs in gene technology research and application
- Analysis of the expression genome (exome + transcriptome) of catfish to develop molecular markers for growth-oriented catfish breeding
- Research to identify genetic mutations to serve the diagnosis of congenital genetic hearing loss in children
- Building a tool platform to analyze and simulate molecular interactions of proteins with ligands
- Sequencing the entire coding region (exome) in autistic patients
- Molecular genetic study of 11-hydroxylase metabolic disorder in steroid hormone metabolism in patients
- The combined effects of environmental chemicals: Bisphenol A (BPA), 4-tert-Octylphenol (OP), and Isobutyl parabens (IBP) on the expression of the estrogen marker gene – CaBP – D9k and the metabolic pathway of this marker in GH3 clones
- Molecular study of Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (EDMD), premature aging (HGPS), and toothless (HED)
- Complete identification and analysis of mitochondrial genomes of pig breeds
- A molecular genetic study in patients with disorders of aldosterone synthesis.
- Whole-genome sequencing (exome) in some children/grandchildren of Agent Orange/dioxin victims with intellectual disability
- Studying the effects of vitamin C and vitamin E on the expression of genes encoding the Klotho protein in human and mouse immune system cells.
- Genetic diversity study of cytochrome 450 CYP2C9, CYP2C19, and CYP2D6 genes in healthy subjects and breast cancer patients.