I have spent many nights thinking about a suitable ecology research topic. That is why I am writing this article to help you overcome this challenge.
As you know, ecology is a big topic, so it has advantages and disadvantages in finding the research case. The pros are that you can have multiple choices of matter for your writing, but the cons challenge you to choose a good one that matches your preferences.
Let’s scroll down, and I will help you analyze what you should research in ecology, tricks to get it, and some ideal suggestions for your final decision.
What Will You Research In Ecology
In general, you will research the interactions between the levels of organization of organisms (usually individuals, populations, and communities) and their habitats; it also includes the research of the structure of nature.
However, the professors may help you codify all ecology by showing the sub-core fields. The ecology is divided into the research fields based on its targets, such as Biodiversity, Habitat, or Ecological Niche. There are many fields on it, but you should depend on the three above because they are more popular.
Tips To Get A Great Topic
As mentioned above, based on the three sub-core fields, including Biodiversity, Habitat, or Ecological Niche, is a good tip to find your suitable topic.
Besides, you can use the tip below to figure it out.
Tip 1: Determine from the largest to smallest
It will be difficult if you come from the smallest first, for you will be confused about what you suppose to research. I once tried to do my homework as figuring out a topic for research and realized that I needed to start from the largest. For example, if I investigate the panda’s environment, I cannot shape my topic. In contrast, starting from the habitat field, I can determine that I want to work on the relationship between animals and their environment. Then, I will pick a representation as a panda and figure out the problem from its living conditions.
That will make your process more logical as you can find the final problems of your research. When I do that, my topic will be more specific, and it is “The analysis of the human factors to the living conditions of some creatures in danger of extinction.”
Tip 2: Pick An Issue From The Real Life
You may have many field trips to increase awareness when you study ecology. These trips are the periods you should pay more attention to to find a suitable research topic. When you are aware of an issue, you will be motivated to research it. This intrinsic motivation is what many people want to have as it increases the consistency of research.
Not only that, when you observe the natural conditions, your topic will be more realistic. When my friend helped me do my homework, she offered to think about my field trip problems. I realized that people are unintentionally harming the living conditions of many animals, so my topic was “The impacts of human perspectives and behaviors in developing economy on animals’ living conditions.”
What I want to say is if you need to do your homework and find a tremendous ecological topic, let’s think about the real issues you get from the field trip. The experience is always an excellent point to shape a topic.
Tip 3: Find A Topic From The Knowledge You Acquire
The basis of knowledge is an excellent source to depend on when finding a suitable ecology topic. Figuring it from what you learn will help you know what you can take advantage of.
When you do your homework of writing freely any article with any topics you want, you will want to write about what you know much.
For example, from the first year of college, I had researched much about ants’ habitats. So, I wrote about ants’ habitats as I was assigned to get my homework done with a free topic.
If you choose a field where you need to acquire more new knowledge, you may struggle to research it.
Suggestions For Your Topic
Instead of referring to the popular suggestions, you can have the unique ones in this part. Let’s check them below.
Research The Relationship Between Creatures And Its Living Conditions
Although many people think that it is common to use a topic belonging to this field, there are many unique ideas that you can use for your research writing. Also, because of the broad research, you may feel hard to find a good topic; that is why checking the more specific idea below is advisable.
- Study the characteristics of environmental factors affecting the life of organisms and their adaptation to different external conditions.
- The research of the deer and bear’s adaption in the living conditions that people’s migration from city to suburbs or wildlife area
- The analysis of the impacts of forest fire on the animals living conditions
- The adaption of birds against the open of the human landscape
- Study of the life rhythm of the organism concerning the day/night and geographical cycles of the Earth with the adaptations of living things
- Research on the conditions of population formation, essential characteristics, and relationships within a population (such as distribution, density, growth, reproduction, mortality, etc.) variation and adjustment of the number of individuals.
- Studying the structural features of communities, the relationship between within different populations, the process of changing communities in space and time through different types of succession.
- Study of the metabolism matter and energy in the community, between the community and the environment, expressed in food chains and webs, trophic levels, and the formation of ecological pyramids in terms of quantity and energy.
- Research the inorganic elements necessary for organisms to participate in the biogeochemical cycle in nature, thereby clearly identifying the correlation in the ecosystem to study the biological productivity of different ecosystems.
- Studying the structure of the biosphere, which includes major biogeographic regions on Earth, provides a relatively complete understanding of our world.
- Applying ecological knowledge to understanding natural resources, analyzing human mistakes in the wasteful use of resources, polluting the environment, and harmful consequences; then proposing measures to restore biological resources and protect the environment from meeting the necessary needs for production, living, aesthetics and keep ecological balance.
- The knowledge of ecology contributes actively to the work of educating the population.
Research On The BioDiversity
It is an exciting field that you can choose. Biodiversity includes species diversity, ecosystem diversity, and genetic diversity; scientists are interested in how this diversity affects the complex ecological processes that operate ecosystems within and between these corresponding levels.
Once I was assigned to get my homework done with this topic, I realized the ones I could use, and they are below:
- Biodiversity and the perspective of the local people in some area
- The research of conservation of biodiversity
- The study of the biodiversity and ecosystem services
- The analysis of the values of the biodiversity in ecology
- The conditions, causes, and solutions to prevent the loss of biodiversity in some areas
- Impact analysis from economic sectors: Biodiversity assessment in some areas
- The relationship between climate change and biodiversity conservation in the context of (countries)
- Study of the relationship between massive industrial farming and biodiversity loss
- Investigating quantitative research on biodiversity of woody plants in some areas
- Study the effects of pesticides on biodiversity in specialized vegetable cultivation.
Research On The Habitats
Here are some suggestions that you can refer to:
- Research on species composition and habitat distribution of some small mammal species
- Research several technical measures to restore forest habitat and habitat conservation in some area
- Survey of habitat and threats to some unique species
- Research on habitat diversity and its loss due to human impact
- Research on economic development combined with ecologically sustainable landscape construction
- Research on the contracting for habitat protection of the locals
- Research on the construction of integrated habitat conservation areas to nurture and conserve rare and precious animals
- Studying the characteristics of vegetation on certain habitat areas
- Comparison of diatoms in the sediments of different forest habitats
- Research on the causes of the decrease of coral reefs and biodiversity in some seas
Research On The Ecological Niche
- A study of the levels of ecosystem organization and its order in ensuring the sustainability of the ecosystem
- Quantitative analysis of basic units of study in ecology
- Research on human ecology in public space organization
- Analysis of ecological niches in different types of environments
- The study of the amount and size of food in the environment of a group of organisms
- Analysis and application of ecological limit theory and ecological niche
- Research on increasing the ecological limit of some species of organisms in an ideal environment
- Research on decreasing the ecological limit of some species of organisms in an ideal environment
- Research on expanding the favorable framework for the development of some species of organisms in an ideal environment
- Effect of tolerance limit on the growth rate of organisms in the environment
- Research the current situation and propose solutions to manage the environment of sustainable agricultural farming
- Research on black reishi mushroom Amauroderma subresinosum development
- Evaluation of lip changes schools and propose measures environmental protection in regions district perennial industrial plants.
- Monitor the movement of the pants bird community in the city
- Evaluating the effectiveness of use Mesocyclops in larva extermination community
- Research to identify measures to prevent malaria transmission by chemicals for silkworm farming areas
- Biological treatment improves the quality of agricultural fiber by-products used as animal feed.
- Changes in the composition of large invertebrates in some regions
- Investigate the possibility of removing ammonium in domestic wastewater by microalgae
- Research on microbial products to process agricultural by-products into microbial organic fertilizers