1. List your homework exercises.
You should have a note section dedicated to doing your homework to be easier to follow and more convenient. Many students find it easier to use a planning device or calendar, while others find it easier to use notebooks or workbooks. You can choose any method that suits your style, and use them to make a list of exercises to do your homework every night.
- Taking notes about the math exercises you need to do right at the top of the workbook. Or you can scribble the page numbers of English exercises that you have to read on a particular book page. However, you should try to record this information on a specific exercise list so you won’t forget to do your homework.
- Take notes as specifically as possible. It is better to include homework deadlines, corresponding textbook pages, and teacher instructions. This will help you plan your homework more effectively. You can also use your planner to make notes on your homework.
2. Make sure you understand each exercise in detail.
The most important thing to do before you start doing your homework is you should make sure you understand the skills you need to complete your homework. Once you’ve made a list of the math problems you need to complete, re-read the list and look for exercises that might be difficult for you. Read through the exercise to identify the amount of time it will take to complete it, the difficulty of it. Then you will find out if you need to complete the questions relating to the exercise or not.
Do not wait until you get home to start doing your homework. As soon as the teacher gives you the homework, take a look at them so you can ask the teacher to answer your questions before leaving the class.
3. Create a comfortable environment to do your homework.
The best environment for doing your homework is in quiet places and without distractions, where you can comfortably spend all the time you need to complete the exercise. Whether at home or somewhere else, a quiet space is essential for the homework process. You can prepare snacks or drinks if needed.
At home, a study table in the bedroom may be the best position. You can close the room door to eliminate distractions. Although, for many students, this is a good way to distract yourself. Because at that time, you can play games, use computers, play the guitar, and perform other distracting actions in your bedroom. It is best to sit at the table, or the living room, where your mother can remind you when you are lazy. You will be able to do your homework faster because distracting habits will not tempt you.
In public, the library is a great place to study and do homework. At all libraries, keeping silent is a general rule, and you won’t encounter any distracting agents at home. The school library will remain open after school and this is a good option for you to do your homework before you go home. Or you may also come to areas that are dedicated to an after-school study destination.
Change the learning environment. Studying regularly at the same place will make it difficult for you. A few studies have shown that changing the environment can make the brain more flexible because it will process new information. You will be able to change your habits and memorize the lesson more effectively.
4. Choose to handle the most important exercises.
At the end of a study day, when you are preparing to start doing your homework, try to find out which exercises are the most important exercises and arrange them in the appropriate order you can complete the necessary assignments. This is really important if you have a lot of homework, or if you have some homework that will take quite a bit of time to complete them. You need to allocate time appropriately and prioritize important assignments.
Let’s start with the most difficult exercises. Do you hate doing algebra exercises? Are English reading comprehension exercises your most time-consuming exercises? Start with the most difficult exercises so you can spend enough time to complete them, then you can move to the easy exercises that you can complete in a short time.
Let’s start with the most urgent exercises. If you have 20 math problems due tomorrow, and 20 pages of novels that you need to read by Friday, it’s best to start with math exercises first to make sure you have enough time to complete the exercise. You should prioritize the exercise whose deadline is coming than the further one.
Let’s start with the most valuable exercises. Math exercises can be quite difficult, but if it only gives you a few points in learning, you shouldn’t spend too much time on it. Instead, you should spend time doing big projects of the two-day term for Social Studies. Spend most of your time on the most valuable exercises when you do your homework.
5. Set a timetable.
There is not much time for you to waste. Take a specific amount of time to do your homework. Based on the amount of time you think you’ll need to be able to complete the assignment and the actual amount of time you can set aside for homework in the evening. Allow yourself enough time to finish your homework and perform other tasks at night.
- Set an alarm or timer so you can keep track of the time. The less time you spend on being lazy and checking your messages, the faster you will be able to complete the assignment. If you think you can finish everything in half an hour, set a timer, and focus on doing your homework. Therefore you can finish them within the time you have set. If you haven’t done your homework yet, take a few more minutes. Imagine yourself in a real training session.
- Keep track of the average amount of time you normally spend completing a specific exercise. If you need 45 minutes to complete the math homework, take the same amount of time for it every night. If you try to focus on your homework for about an hour, take some time to take a break and do something else so you don’t get tired.
After every 50 minutes of homework, take 10 minutes to take breaks. Taking breaks during your study and relaxing your mind is important because otherwise, you will be less productive. You are not a robot!